Red Velvet cake is known for years as “The Queen Of Layered Cakes”. People love the taste and texture of this cake.
In this article, we are going to share the recipe of a fluffy and delightful Red Velvet Cake that makes everyone go crazy for the taste. This cake is perfect for every occasion, either a birthday party or a romantic valentine’s date, either a wedding day or your success party. It fits every occasion. This mouth-watering cake is made up of two baked cake layers filled with frosting vanilla cream in the middle, covered with the same frosting cream and garnish with Red Velvet bread crumbs.
So let’s get started with this tempting Recipe For Making Red Velvet Cake At Home!
For the cake:
- All purpose flour- 2 ½ cups (310gms)
- Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp (16gms)
- Baking soda- 1 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tbsp
- Sugar- 1 ½ cups (300gms)
- Buttermilk- 1 cup (240ml) at room temperature
- Vegetable oil- 1 cup (200gms)
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Eggs- 2
- Butter- ½ cup (115gms) at room temperature
- Red food coloring- 1-2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 2 tbsp
- Heavy cream- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) cold
- Cream cheese- 2 cups (450gms) at room temperature
- Powdered sugar- 1 ½ cups (190 gms)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Take a big bowl, add sugar and butter to it. Beat them up until you get a smooth texture.
- Add eggs one by one while beating the mixture until the mixture blends up perfectly.
- Now, add oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, buttermilk to the mixture and mix them up thoroughly.
- Now, gradually, add all the dry ingredients and stir them all together.
- Put in the food colouring and then mix everything until it reaches a smooth and fluffy consistency.
- After this, you need to grease an 8- inch cake baking mold with butter, apply butter paper into it and pour the batter into it. You may bake all the batter at one time or else you can bake it in two halves.
- Now, put it into the oven and bake for at least 30-40 minutes.
- Take it out and check whether it is cooked properly or not by inserting a toothpick into it. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is properly baked. If not, bake it again for 3-4 more minutes.
- Take out the cake out of molds and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, start preparing the frosting.
- Take a bowl and add cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to it. Blend them all.
- Beat them until you get a smooth, creamy texture.
- Take another bowl and beat the heavy cream. And then add cream cheese mixture by mixing it with cut and fold technique.
- Cut the cake into two layers and keep aside the leftover bread crumbs for garnishing.
- Place one of the cake layers on a plate and start applying the frosting cream at the flat side of the cake layer.
- Put another cake layer over the first one.
- Cover the whole cake with frosting vanilla cream by applying it even on all the sides and edges.
- Garnish the cake with red velvet bread crumbs. You may also use other garnishing items of your choice like white chocolate chip, chocolate chip, sprinkles, etc.
- Keep the cake into the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
Your super delicious Red Velvet Cake is ready to serve!