Cakes are the most important part of any celebration and occasion. Diwali often sees a rise in the number of cakes people buy and eat with their families and friends. It is a joyous occasion of peace and harmony and people celebrate it with desserts like cake. People send cake online with Pyaar Bhejo to make their distant friends and families feel special on Diwali. Now, if they are so important to our celebrations and happiness, we should gather little facts and information about cakes. We all know there are so many flavors and modifications of cakes available in the market but there are some more things we will learn about this popular dessert before this festive season.
- 26th of November is National Cake Day
- Butter and eggs were added to normal bread in roman times giving it a cake-like texture. Honey was used in place of sugar.
- The first cake ever was made with refined sugar and icing and can be dated back to the 17th century.
- There was no oven for baking so food molds were used instead.
- In ancient times, people thought that the candles on cakes would give out smokes that would carry the thoughts of the Greek people up towards their Gods. That started the tradition of placing candles on cakes on birthdays and special occasions.
- We all agree that cakes are delicious and some even say that eating chocolate cake for breakfast helps you lose weight.
- The cake was an important element of energy in Greece and was served to the athletes who were playing in the Olympics in 776 BC.
- The Earth Grains Bakery and all the people living in Fort Payne, Alabama, started making a huge cake that weighed 128,823 pounds. The cake preparation was completed on the 18th of October, 1989.
- Birthday candle tradition originated in ancient Greece, where people would take an ancient form of cake and adorned it with candles. They would take this cake to the temple of Artemis. The candles symbolize the Moon, which was often associated with Artemis who is the twin of Apollo, the moon god.
- The idea of sweet dreams from fruit cakes started in England in the 17th century, when people would keep fruitcakes under their pillow to give them foreshadowing about their future loves.
- The people of Roman origin ate fruit cakes as they kept them full for a longer period of time.
- The Britishers tried to make a cake with dried fruits that the Mediterranean provided them. They did this by covering the dry fruits in brandy, rum, or drink and then wrap them in foil so that it ripens with time.
- In the southern part of the United Kingdom, a cakewalk dance competition was started by the African-American communities. Whoever did this unique dance was awarded a delicious cake.
- Romans invented the concept of cakes in the 8th century. Unlike modern cakes with complex ingredients, these cakes were simpler and very basic.
- Earlier due to the lack of resources people used to travel long distances to get a simple birthday cake. As the equipment for baking and ingredients were hard to obtain and expensive. However, now there are so many local and online stores available where you can order cake online and get it delivered to your house.
- Cakes are a very essential part of wedding parties. Cakes are an ancient part of weddings and are considered very lucky. Now, there are so many options available for you to choose from that would make your wedding extremely special. You can get these customized cakes delivered to your wedding venue without any hassle.
These were some historic and modern facts about cakes to make you understand how special is this dessert for an occasion like Diwali. It is attached with tradition and history and will make your festival extremely joyous and happy. You can order cake online or make it at home for making it more personal.